Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Say Cheese!



WARNING: do not eat your breakfast while reading this post!!!

Last night I went for a pedicure with Shirin and that – in the picture – is the dry skin which they grated off my feet. Revolting or what? I couldn’t believe it – the therapist had this device which was basically a cheese grater for feet and – well, the end result certainly looked like huge flakes of parmesan coming off my heels.

According to the poor woman filing my tootsies I have dry skin (no kidding), fungal toe nails and a corn on one foot. Add it to the list I say! It’s amazing the rate at which the body starts to fall apart in such an extreme climate.

I suppose it’s hardly surprising if you think about the humidity here. Leave your washing in the machine too long, or pack your towels into the cupboard too tightly – and they end up covered in mildew. So what chance do my feet have?

Apparently the cure is to keep your feet dry and wear sandals as often as possible. Well I’m halfway there as I live in my Birkenstocks. Unfortunately though, with all the rain here, it’s hard to do much about the wet feet bit.

Anyway I reckon I will keep going back to this place for a regular grating – if it doesn’t slough the nastiness right off my feet at least it will keep the epidermis down to under twenty layers. I reckon I’ve gone down at least half a shoe size and that could open up a whole new world of shoe shopping here in the land of tiny feet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frostbite and chillblains are the order of the day over here - global warming....Paah

Keep Sweating

Nanuck