For those of you who are vaguely “with it” – and no offence but that’s not many of you, I fear - Café del Mar is an Ibiza super-club; a place where the young, beautiful and impossibly thin rave to dance anthems, consume their own body weight in class A drugs, watch midnight morph into sunrise and generally ‘let it all hang out’ – both literally and figuratively.
Café del Mar is also a global phenomenon – to the extent that it’s here in Singapore. I must confess that I have never been to Ibiza, but I doubt I’m wrong in saying that the Singapore version of Café del Mar is rather more low-key than its Spanish counterpart. To some extent, it always would be - on account of the strict no drugs policy in Singapore. But even so, this was a remarkably quiet night – we actually had to ask the bar lady if they were still serving!
They were, and so we followed the music out onto the beach, where I was pleasantly surprised to discover that clubbing Singapore style means you get your own daybed on the sands so you can actually lie down and look up at the sky while you sip your nightcap. And although you probably need to be on drugs to understand their crazy billing system (which doesn’t show the discounts!), overall Café del Mar in Singapore beats prowling the streets of Hull in freezing weather, dodging flying beer bottles and vomit!
http://www.cafedelmar.com.sg/main/
Café del Mar is also a global phenomenon – to the extent that it’s here in Singapore. I must confess that I have never been to Ibiza, but I doubt I’m wrong in saying that the Singapore version of Café del Mar is rather more low-key than its Spanish counterpart. To some extent, it always would be - on account of the strict no drugs policy in Singapore. But even so, this was a remarkably quiet night – we actually had to ask the bar lady if they were still serving!
They were, and so we followed the music out onto the beach, where I was pleasantly surprised to discover that clubbing Singapore style means you get your own daybed on the sands so you can actually lie down and look up at the sky while you sip your nightcap. And although you probably need to be on drugs to understand their crazy billing system (which doesn’t show the discounts!), overall Café del Mar in Singapore beats prowling the streets of Hull in freezing weather, dodging flying beer bottles and vomit!
http://www.cafedelmar.com.sg/main/
No comments:
Post a Comment