Abba, Earth Wind and Fire and of course, not forgetting Michael Jackson – it was back to the 70’s for Dom’s birthday party as our place got transformed into a disco lounge complete with light show, disco ball and lava lamp. Music courtesy of headline act DJ Spunky Funk Nuts and guest DJ Hootie McBoob. Draw your own conclusions!
A special mention goes to:
Dom – Obviously a special mention for the birthday boy (AKA DJ Funky Spunk Nuts), who pushed the boundaries yet again with his fetching YMCA gay biker look.
Daisy – for being the only person whose wardrobe is bright enough that she didn’t need to visit the fancy dress shop. And for buying the most unique birthday presents – a lamp whose on/off switch is a man’s er…bits – and some finger canapé holders (which doubled up nicely as nipple covers as you can see!)
Kiko – for joining Dom in the gay disco look stakes with a “fabulous darling” Versace-meets-Jay-Manuel number in pink and white. Do take a close look as I’m alarmed to say that those white trousers belong to Imelda!
Sharm – for doing a fine job spinning those tunes while the official DJ’s were partying too hard.
Steve – winner of the “who the hell is that?” award for least recognisable friend. Yeah man, the sequined trousers and black fright-wig were cool, but perhaps not something to wear out down Orchard Road.
Cath – winner of the most elegant and least pissed award, on account of being pregnant. I can only imagine how amusing this party was to a sober person…
Andrew & Miki – winner of the “his n hers” matching outfits award (shame Andrew didn’t go the whole hog with the orange false eyelashes too to finish the look off!)
Mindy – winner of the “best hair” award for that fabulous red barnet.
Shirin – hee hee! There are so many reasons you deserve a mention girl. Unfortunately most of them are not fit to go into print; however you know what you did. (Or do you?!!!)
Last but not least, Jann for helping to clear up. That was a horrible job but someone had to do it...you should have seen the state of the place! The kitchen floor was black and there was salt from the tequila bar all over the marble floor. In fact the only plus point about the clean up was it took my mind off the hangover.
Hmmm...I've just re-read this post and decided our party sounds like some dodgy swingers' do. I really don't know what to say. I'm just reporting it as it happened. All I can say I hope you all turn up to the next party, and I'll be sure to clear out the fruit bowl so you can all throw in your keys.
No comments:
Post a Comment