Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Polyester Prima donna

Saturday was spent relaxing in a spa with Shirin (for me) and shopping for trousers (for Dom). Apparently you would not believe the problems getting suitable trousers – well that’s the story anyway, in explanation of the fact that a three hour shopping trip resulted in one pair of trousers. Personally I think it’s a load of old codswallop as all the men’s trousers here are all low 30’s waist/leg, which is ideal for Dom. But suddenly he has gone all ‘natural fibres.’ Only cotton will do as polyester “makes your legs run with sweat” (euuuggh!) and wool itches. One pair looked harmless enough on the hanger but turned out to have a horrendous ‘moves with you’ elasticated waist band, a la Sunday supplement ‘casual slacks’. So I’m not quite sure how he will resolve the trouser dilemma, but solve it he must as I draw the line at granny slacks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go colonial Dom and start wearing shorts.I'm into silk underpants (Oh aye)myself Sue reckons that they will keep me warm in the lifeboat !!

Regards

City Silker