Friday, January 25, 2008

Wine? Can!

Wine, wine, wine. I’ve seen it in all its guises – from the finest crimson-corked claret right down the food chain (or wine chain) of screw-capped bottles, down to the vinegary depths of wine masquerading as diesel in huge plastic containers as bought by the litre in Calais. I’ve supped immaculately poured Petillant in the Loire, hastily unscrewed Sauvignon in Swindon and unidentified warm nastiness from a plastic cup at V Festival, so I’d like to think I have met with all the various types of container and sealant known to wine. Until I asked for a white wine on the plane to Bangkok and it was handed over in a can. Well, it’s a first – and not too bad actually, even though I’m an ABC (Anything But Chardonnay) girl. What next though – wine in a tetrapak?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've tried it in a tetra pak! It was extremely warm.

They give it out to people after passover is finished in Israel, if there is a big enough crowd, you can lamp people with it.

Rachael said...

Well there you go then - the final frontier of wine!